Click on the following link to download the 2018 nomination form: 2018 NOMINATION FORM (PDF). Nominations must be submitted by May 31, 2018.
The Franklin O. Leger, Q.C. Award is given in recognition of outstanding meritorious service, dedication or contribution in accordance with the highest ideals of the legal profession.
This award, the most prestigious conferred by the Law Society, is named in honour of the late Franklin O. Leger, Q.C., a distinguished lawyer who has provided exceptional service to the Law Society of New Brunswick, the legal profession and the public during his many years of practice.
The Leger Award recognizes service to the profession above and beyond the call of each member’s duty which may include one or many of the following accomplishments to or on behalf of the Law Society:
- Excellence in quality of service advising, representing or serving the Law Society;
- Exceptional service or contributions to or on behalf of the Law Society;
- Enhancing the role of the Law Society;
- Contributions to the governance of the legal profession; and
- Outstanding, conspicuous, sustained or dedicated excellence in the practice of law, service or contributions to or on behalf of the profession and other legal professional associations and organizations.
- Deirdre L. Wade, Q.C. (2017)
- John D. Townsend, Q.C. (2016)
- Brenda J. Lutz, Q.C. (2015)