The free online Law Society Business of Law Course is now completed, and our Online Learning Center is live!
This website contains two separate courses intended to assist lawyers with continuing education.
- THE BUSINESS OF LAW COURSE, which is comprised of twelve separate learning modules, is designed primarily to assist lawyers practising alone or in small firms to review key practice management topics. This course is approved for 6 hours of Continuing Professional Development credit. The twelve modules are:
- Accounting Systems
- Trust Accounting
- Taxation and Employee Deductions
- Retainer Agreements
- Planning for Absences and Emergencies
- Withdrawal of Services
- Conflicts of interest
- Client Screening
- Difficult Clients
- File Management and Diary Systems
- Delegation of Tasks and Supervision
- Avoiding Fraud
- THE COMMUNICATION TOOLKIT describes common problem areas and provides examples of how communication can be improved. This course is approved for 2 hours of Continuing Professional Development credit.